Saturday, July 17, 2010

What a week...

Well, this first week (and craziest week) of recording is over. And what a week it was. Really, it was a week of making music with 3 of the nicest, most talented guys I know, and trying to capture the best of those moments for the record. So far, we're succeeding at that (I think) and having a great time doing it.

Brian Packer (producer and guitar player) and Steve Sinatra were in my college band, and we spent a  fair bit of time recounting stories from "the good old days," including the time Steve dared me to work the phrase "Purple pony" into my banter at Alfred University, or the "Best Western Olympics" which, among other things, resulted in this picture (right), which Steve proudly uses on his facebook profile.


Bassist Steve Belleville has has caused me to nearly pee myself at least 4 times, with stories like "mom releases iguanas into the wild" and "Steve and brother explode things in the backyard." We have many Steves. And by many, I mean two. I hope to be an honorary Steve by August.

So, in short the collaboration over the music is feeding my soul... and I'm laughing my butt off. Of course, I made you this video, too.


3 comments:

  1. Another possible album title
    "Kate plus 88" :)
    Well, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! There's a thought. I think Kamikaze Love is still in the lead - I have this idea for the cover art - A Kamikaze plane with a heart instead of the big red circle. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, ..you don't think 88 little piano keys running around in diapers would sell many CDs? :)

    ReplyDelete