Sunday, July 11, 2010

And so it begins...

First of all, let me confess that about 50 percent of the time, when I attempt I type the word "begin" I accidentally type "being." So this post was ever-so-briefly called

"And so it beings"

But then I fixed it.

So, what's beginning (or being-ing) you ask? The new CD of course, and a temporary move to my former home, Boston. I'm currently in Downingtown, PA in fact, and making my way north over the next few days.

It's an interesting feeling, being at the beginning of a project like this. (I barely made it through that sentence alive! So many words to mis-type.) I'm excited to make the album, and to spend time making these songs sound for you like they always have in my head. I've got a great band lined up, and a general idea of what will be on the CD.

But it's also scary. Years have been spent writing these songs, months have been spent raising funds and planning the album, and now it's time to make it real. (Gulp.) And hopefully, really good.

You've been sent the link to this blog because you've pre-ordered or donated to the album. I can't thank you enough, and that fact that you believe in this project makes the aforementioned scary things slightly less scary. So thanks :) I plan to keep it current with videos, updates, and other album related news. Feel free to comment on posts. I welcome your input. After all, you're a part of this.

So, fun stuff:

Here are the songs that are (tentatively) going to be on the CD, along with some videos and mp3s to whet your appetite. (Some of them have been "sponsored" via my fundraising campaign and I've noted that.)

Kamikaze Love (sponsored):


*Note: In the pre-song banter in the above video, I stated that I thought I was done with the "Kamikaze Love" portion of my life. This video is about two years old. And I was wrong ;)

Recover (sponsored):



-Like You Mean It (sponsored):


-Nothing To Do With You (sponsored):


-Can't Wait:


-Why It's Blue

-Somewhere

-Franklin

-The Boston Song

-Even When It's Bad (sponsored)

-Porcelain Doll (sponsored)

-Running For

So... there ya have it. Thanks for the support. The fact that people are willing to pay money to listen to the ideas in my head constantly amazes me. I'm a lucky girl.

-Kate

6 comments:

  1. Cool secret blog, thanks for sharing the process and good luck with the new album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful songs Kate. Thanks for sending them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be a traitor if I did not vote for Like You Mean It. I swear I only voted once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance "Stars on my ceiling" might make it onto the album?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kate. I just listened to, "Like It Mean It"... Amazing! Look forward to the rest o' your album! :D

    ReplyDelete