Friday, March 4, 2011

Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh It's almost done!

Whew! Thanks for your patience! The album is in its last 2 days of mixing, and is getting mastered on the 7th. AND it's getting mastered by this guy. I guess if you've mastered a CD for Arcade Fire and Soul Asylum, you're qualified to work for me :)

I don't even know what to say... I'm just so thrilled with how this album has turned out, and so thankful for all your support in making it. I don't want to take away from the experience you'll have listening to the full album (which, by the way, goes to production after getting mastered and gets picked up on March 31st just in time to take to my DC CD release on 4/1. Philly CD release is on 4/2. I'll mail them all out as soon as I get them so expect them soon after!) but here's a little taste (unmastered, and converted into mp3s. The album will sound will be of much higher quality...):

A quiet one (Porcelain Doll):


And a loud one (Like You Mean It):


Hip, hip hooray! See you at the CD releases, I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I am so excited and proud to have been a part of this incredible project.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the new CD, and to see you perform again in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!

    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!! I already have my spot reserved for your DC CD (*chuckle*, I still laugh, when I write this out ;)) release & can't wait to see you again!!!!! :D

    Bravo & thanks for letting us be a part o' this process!

    KK from VA ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on reaching the finish line :) I look forward to listening to the new CD. I'm sure it will sound well mastered, mixed, shaken and stirred. Thanks for keeping all informed on the progress and I'm glad I could help support your wonderful music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it today! It's just as fantastic as i knew it would be. Tank you!

    ReplyDelete