Sunday, October 10, 2010

Update Shmupdate...

So, let's all thank Terry for bugging me to update this blog. Just know – when I go a few weeks without a post, it's because I'm busy making things awesome.

OR it's because I'm trapped under a fallen tree. Shoot. We need a plan.

Ok. If you don't hear from me for a few weeks, send me an email with the subject "Are you trapped under a fallen tree?" and if I don't respond within 2 days, please call my parents. In the event that I'm NOT trapped under a fallen tree, I'll take it as a friendly reminder that I need to update my blog.

Moving on...

The new album is certainly progressing! My initial goal of releasing it in the fall was ambitious. Too ambitious, in fact, but I promise it will be worth the wait. I still hope to release it before Christmas (blatant capitalism), and will keep you updated on that.

I flew to Boston a few weeks ago to add vocals to the rest of the tracks. As of now, we have lead vocals for all but one song. Here are some (top secret) samples for you. Please keep in mind that these are the ROUGH tracks, and they'll have fancy things like background vocals and sequins mixing/mastering on the final product.

The Boston Song (preview):


Kamikaze Love (preview):


I've also been working with the fabulous Abby Getman on the album artwork. She sent through some proofs, and the album will look something like this...


Awesome, huh?

I'm off to Boston again next weekend so that the amazing Kristin Cifelli can add background vocals. Barring any tragic tree incidents, there will be more updates soon.

Thank you so much for being a part of this process, and believing in me enough to help fund the album of my dreams :)

-Kate

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...I was feeling a little dejected :(
    But now I am excited again~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious, Kate! Yes! If you would like reminders to update yo' blog... I know, I can definitely send you some!:)

    It's funny, b/c you had crossed my mind today, b/c I was like... it should be any day now... and here I am to read this piece from the 11th :). Christmas is good--just make sure it's how you want it!!! Don't worry about all o' us (yes, I know, ambitious to speak for the masses)! We've been waiting how long & been given the inside scoop the whole way? YOU kick some @ss there, Kate! :D AND, take names! ;P

    Anyway... I figured, "Artist At Work" was the sign on your blog I'd see, the next time I logged in on here :)... So, thanks for the update & I'll be sure to ask ya' how that tree's doin' lately ;P...

    It is Fall, afterall... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Repeat after me....Kate is making things awesome...Kate is making things awesome!

    Anyone know Kate's parents phone number, just in case? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still making things awesome. Promise!

    ReplyDelete